Sunday, March 21, 2010

Progression

Renu was sitting a cubicle away. She came looking for her roommate with whom I was sharing my system. They spoke about their evening plans and Renu just went away. I still thought that smile was for me. After that day, I saw her quite a good number of times and my teammate gave me an intro to her. We used to share couple of smiles – just that much.

I did not do well in my training. Neither did I find it remotely interesting and result was evident. I flunked my module exams. Another round of tormenting days started.

One day as I was pouring my woes to my neighbor, her roomie – that’s Renu, hoped in. She heard quite a bit of it and just told me directly – dude, you have it in you, just do it.

It was just a line, but the energy it carried was something which really prompted me to start preparing. And it bore the fruit. I not only started passing, I scored well too. And it just kept me wondering what the magic was.

Progressively, we started chatting more and more. We used to share our code snippets and help each other. We started enjoying each other’s company. Our hard work really paid off and we passed all the exams with flying colors and got into real work. She moved to a different department and I moved into SAP which was the cream of the industry.

Initially we were just given simpler roles in our work and we used to finish it real quick. Renu and I used to make sure that we had quality time with ourselves. She was a major foodie and loved junk. And after every junk that she ate, she would sigh and say that she wanted to reduce. She was not even remotely fat. Maybe girls have an inner eye to see things. I don’t know that.

It was one of the finest period of my life. I had freedom to do whatever I wanted, a good friend like Renu and loads of cash which I used to get every month end.

And then one day my manager asked me to travel to Pune for a project……..

1 comment:

  1. Interesting attempt..Keep going . May be you want to elaborate a few more details in the tale ! :)

    ReplyDelete